BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Ipswich gets 'dockless' Urbo bikes for sharing
- Long Melford Co-op cash machine raid leads to arrest
- Geoffrey Caton death: Mourad Belarbi admits killing
- Army bids farewell to Lynx helicopter with flypast tour
- Martlesham Heath Adastral Park 2,000 new homes approved
- Lowestoft children's home: Youngsters at serious risk of harm
- Suffolk County Council to borrow £21m for road repairs
- Bersant Celina: Ipswich Town's Mick McCarthy hails loanee's 'God-given' talent
- East counties' 'overlooked places' in new art project
- Cloned Newmarket dachshund expecting puppies
BBC Somerset News Feed
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Thames Valley PCC 'not supportive' of scrapping horse unit
- BBC star Emily Maitlis' harasser sentenced
- Jack Payne: Blackburn Rovers sign Huddersfield Town forward on loan
- Formula 1: Robert Kubica named Williams reserve driver to Sergey Sirotkin
- TE Lawrence's grave site 'under threat' from quarry plans
- Oxfordshire firefighters on standby to deliver meals
- Jack Payne: Huddersfield Town recall forward from Oxford United loan
- Carillion collapse raises job fears
- Walsall v Oxford United
- Pair who made £24k from three brothels jailed
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Cyrille Regis was loved by so many - Brendon Batson
- Bright Enobakhare: Wolves 'family' spirit key to promotion, says teenage striker
- Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss called referee Mike Dean 'not honest' and 'a disgrace'
- Walsall couple move house as toy bus collection grows
- Maikel Kieftenbeld: Birmingham City midfielder signs new two-year deal
BBC London News Feed
- Uber to introduce limit on drivers' hours
- Terror trial: Big Ben among terror targets, court hears
- Benedict Cumberbatch becomes president of Lamda drama school
- John Worboys: Rapist's jail move bid refused in 2015
- Floating ads
- Theo Walcott: Arsenal forward has Everton medical before proposed £20m transfer
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: No agreement for Arsenal move in Alexis Sanchez deal
- London law firm 'covered up' SA corruption
- Alex Lewington: London Irish winger to join Saracens
- Search on for veteran Simon Brown's glass eye collection
This week Charnwood Borough Council were successfully re-accredited against the East Midlands Regional Councillor Development Charter; this is the third time they have been awarded this achievement demonstrating their ongoing commitment and engagement with investing in councillor learning and development. The assessment team led by Lisa...
Government, Midlands Connect & East Midlands Councils agree priorities to maximise the benefits of HS2 and improve Services on the Midland Main Line
The partial opening of the East Midlands Hub Station in Toton, several years before HS2 arrives in 2033, is part of a package of priorities the Department for Transport has agreed to work on with Midlands Connect and East Midlands Councils to maximise the economic benefits of HS2. A commitment to work together to achieve four key...
Everyone at EMC would like to express their sincere condolences on hearing the very sad news of the death of Councillor Ernie White. Ernie was a hardworking, dedicated and respected councillor, and a thoroughly decent man, and will be hugely missed
The East Midlands Council offices will be closed over the Christmas period, from Friday 22 December and will open again on Tuesday 2 January 2017.
The National Employers have today (5.12.17) made the attached pay offer to the NJC local government unions which includes changes to the national pay spine from 2019. A meeting will be taking place with trade unions nationally on 13th December 2017 as part of national negotiations.
Council leaders meeting at last Friday’s East Midlands HS2 Strategic Board re-affirmed the importance of good local rail connectivity to the proposed HS2 Hub Station at Toton – and strongly opposed any plans to slow down rail services between Derby and Nottingham to serve the new station. The news comes after media reports cited...
The effect of chronic underinvestment in the region was perhaps emphasised by the publication SMC’s 5th ‘State of the Nation’ report (available here). It paints a grim picture for the region and highlights a striking geographical divide with London and its surrounding areas pulling away from the rest of the country, while...
East Midlands Declaration on Infrastructure Funding At the East Midlands Infrastructure Summit on 27 November 2017, Cllr Kay Cutts, Leader Nottinghamshire County Council, Sir Peter SouIsby, City Mayor, Leicester City Council; Rt. Hon Nicky Morgan MP, Lilian Greenwood MP, Sir John Peace, Chairman, Midlands Engine; and Natalie Gasson, Chair...
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is available from below EMC HR Bulletin November 2017 This month we provide an update on national pay developments, following announcements on increases to the National Living Wage and Living Wage Foundation rate. We also provide a link to slides from the recent HRMC webinar on...
An independent technical report published today by HS2 East has concluded that over 60% of the wider economic benefits of Phase 2 will be delivered on the eastern leg of HS2. The high speed connection will unlock potential, creating additional jobs and opportunities to benefit millions of residents in the surrounding regions. The...
East Midlands Local Authority Challenge 2017 - The Results Thursday 16 November East Midlands Councils held the East Midlands Local Authority Challenge at Donington Race Track. 78 people from 13 teams from across the East Midlands took part in the challenge and competed for the coveted prize of the Local Authority Challenge East Midlands...
This month’s bulletin gives information on a regional-level plan of work for EMC as an employers’ organisation as well as joint work with trade unions over the forthcoming year. The learning and development section includes a snapshot of forthcoming events, including details of a webinar being provided by HMRC specifically...
On 16 November 13 teams from local authorities in the East Midlands will take part in the East Midlands Local Authority Challenge. This year the awards East Midlands Local Authority Challenge Winners for 2017 Best Chief Executive Best Residents’ Magazine Best Presentation Best Partnership Working award Authorities taking...
Council Leaders write to MPs about concerns on Regional Infrastructure Funding. MPs Letter - October 2017 Levels of Public Investment in the East Midlands
Following a series of significant announcements on infrastructure investment in the East Midlands, East Midlands Councils and East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) would like to invite you to attend a special Summit to discuss the future of the region’s transport projects and how local business growth can be...
Programme Manager - Strategic Infrastructure - East Midlands Councils and Transport for the East Midlands Grade J - £41,025 to £42,899 per annum (37 hours per week) - market supplement may apply Fixed Term Contract or Secondment Opportunity until September 2019 East Midlands Councils (EMC) is offering a fixed term or...
October 3, 2017 News Release Thousands of jobs and almost £4billion for economy detailed in HS2 Strategy ‘People, place and connectivity’ are the focus of a new East Midlands HS2 Growth Strategy, revealing how the planned high speed rail network could add thousands of jobs and billions of pounds to the...
The latest edition of the EMC HR Bulletin is available from below. EMC HR Bulletin September 2017 In this edition there are updates on; Exit Pay Cap Consultation Health & Social Care Integration Charging Unions for “Check Off” Pay Negotiations Update Schoolteachers (STPCD) 2017 – applying pay flexibility...