BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Ipswich gets 'dockless' Urbo bikes for sharing
- Long Melford Co-op cash machine raid leads to arrest
- Geoffrey Caton death: Mourad Belarbi admits killing
- Army bids farewell to Lynx helicopter with flypast tour
- Martlesham Heath Adastral Park 2,000 new homes approved
- Lowestoft children's home: Youngsters at serious risk of harm
- Suffolk County Council to borrow £21m for road repairs
- Bersant Celina: Ipswich Town's Mick McCarthy hails loanee's 'God-given' talent
- East counties' 'overlooked places' in new art project
- Cloned Newmarket dachshund expecting puppies
BBC Somerset News Feed
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Thames Valley PCC 'not supportive' of scrapping horse unit
- BBC star Emily Maitlis' harasser sentenced
- Jack Payne: Blackburn Rovers sign Huddersfield Town forward on loan
- Formula 1: Robert Kubica named Williams reserve driver to Sergey Sirotkin
- TE Lawrence's grave site 'under threat' from quarry plans
- Oxfordshire firefighters on standby to deliver meals
- Jack Payne: Huddersfield Town recall forward from Oxford United loan
- Carillion collapse raises job fears
- Walsall v Oxford United
- Pair who made £24k from three brothels jailed
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
- Cyrille Regis was loved by so many - Brendon Batson
- Bright Enobakhare: Wolves 'family' spirit key to promotion, says teenage striker
- Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss called referee Mike Dean 'not honest' and 'a disgrace'
- Walsall couple move house as toy bus collection grows
- Maikel Kieftenbeld: Birmingham City midfielder signs new two-year deal
BBC London News Feed
- Uber to introduce limit on drivers' hours
- Terror trial: Big Ben among terror targets, court hears
- Benedict Cumberbatch becomes president of Lamda drama school
- John Worboys: Rapist's jail move bid refused in 2015
- Floating ads
- Theo Walcott: Arsenal forward has Everton medical before proposed £20m transfer
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: No agreement for Arsenal move in Alexis Sanchez deal
- London law firm 'covered up' SA corruption
- Alex Lewington: London Irish winger to join Saracens
- Search on for veteran Simon Brown's glass eye collection
Rest assured - help is out there!
Is your parish council a charitable trustee? Does your council own assets that are subject to a charitable trust? If the answer to either of these questions is yes (or indeed you are not sure!) then LRALC's forthcoming course Charitable Trusts and Parish/Town ...
The latest LRALC newsletter is available to download. Contents include:
Top Tip – don't forget PAT (Portable Appliance Testing)!
GDPR and the need for a Data Protection Officer
LRALC Internal Audit Service Fees 2018-19
Personnel Advice & Solutions Ltd ...
The Local Government finance settlement was presented to the House of Commons yesterday.
The Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government has announced "that the government intends to defer the setting of referendum principles for town and parish councils for 3 three years" ...
The MyCommunity website, which is managed by Locality for the Government, has produced a blog to help councils check if they are aware of the emergency risks in their area, as well as a handy checklist covering everything needed to get winter ready.
You can ...
Further support and guidance is now available to help member councils prepare for the implementation of the new sector wide requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We now only 6 months from the deadline for compliance and our advice is that councils ...
For the first time, you can find out at the click of button exactly how the land is used in your local authority area.
Every council area in the UK has been analysed and individual maps produced showing how much of the area falls into four land categories: ...
Please see below two important briefings that LRALC have commissioned for our members.
The first one (LAIS 1403) relates to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). LRALC have spent much of the last few months highlighting this matter with member councils through parish ...
Unfortunately, due to illness, the Councillor training planned for today (17th October 2017) is cancelled. The LRALC office is contacting booked delegates to inform them of the cancellation.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Unfortunately, due to illness, the Clerks 3 training planned for today (11th October 2017) is cancelled. The LRALC office has contacted booked delegates to inform them of the cancellation.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Click below to access the presentations from the recent Big Discussion event at Broughton Astley.
Local councils will be aware that under the Localism Act 2011, Government has powers to make an annual decision on whether to introduce automatic precept referendums where they deem increases in local council precepts to be 'excessive'. The decision includes what threshold would apply for triggering ...
ALL parish and town councils fall within the scope of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ALL councils will need to take steps prior to the introduction of the new requirements in May 2018. See the link below for a handy "12 Steps To Take Now" briefing from the Information Commissioner's Office ...