BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Ipswich gallery celebrates 100 years of votes for women
- Corrie Mckeague: Police trace man on CCTV footage
- Stoke City v Ipswich Town
- Greater Anglia scraps charges over lost money
- Family gang jailed for 250 burglaries in 11 months
- Tavis Spencer-Aitkens killing: Gang members seen in van
- Ed Sheeran in 'secret' Q&A with Norwich students
- Women march in Ipswich against night harassment
- The Series: Eight racecourses commit to hosting new team competition
- Natalie Richardson: Ipswich Town midfielder on making footgolf World Cup
BBC Somerset News Feed
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Posh held as Oxford fight-back
- Checkatrade Trophy third-round draw: Sunderland face Newcastle Under-21s
- Five things from Oxfordshire
- Oxfordshire's Big Picture
- Oxbridge 'over-recruits from eight schools'
- Mother died after delayed 111 response
- Florence Waters: Missing journalist 'died of hypothermia'
- M40 fatal crash: Police 'warned' about wrong-way driver
- Varsity matches: Oxford University to honour legacy of former prop Ian Williams
- Oxford slavery trial: Alleged victim 'feared for life'
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
BBC London News Feed
- Teenager stabbed to death in Greenwich
- Yeovil Town Ladies v West Ham United Women
- Brighton & Hove Albion Women v Chelsea Women
- Raheem Sterling: Chelsea and police investigate allegation he was racially abused
- Boreham Wood 1-0 Leyton Orient
- Sutton United v Solihull Moors
- Ebbsfleet United v Barnet
- Dagenham & Redbridge v FC Halifax Town
- Blackpool v Charlton Athletic
- AFC Wimbledon v Rochdale
The Electoral Commission's guidance for the timetable of key formal dates for the 2nd May 2019 elections can be found by clicking on the link below.
This morning Jake Atkinson (Chief Executive of LRALC) and Justin Griggs (Head of Policy for NALC) gave evidence at the Leicestershire County Council (LCC) scrutiny panel which was convened to discuss the current LCC unitary council proposal.
LRALC and NALC...
Cllr Melissa Boyden of Asfordby Parish Council was the deserved winner of the NALC Young Councillor of the Year Award at the NALC Conference this week.
This continues a strong record of the Leicestershire and Rutland area being represented in shortlisted and...
The leaders of Blaby, Charnwood, Harborough, Hinckley and Bosworth, Melton, North West Leicestershire, and Oadby and Wigston councils issued a joint statement on 29th October 2018.
It said: "We would like to thank the Leicestershire MPs for their joint letter...
NALC Legal has produced a briefing on the Ledbury judgment (https://www.nalc.gov.uk/library/members-library/briefings/legal-proceedings-1/2708-l08-18-judicial-review-claim-brought-against-ledbury-town-council-june-2018/file
NALC are in discussion with the SLCC...
The links page on this website has been updated to remove dead links and add new information. See here.
The LSE have published a very interesting op ed piece about parish councils, democracy, and engagement. It makes very interesting reading in the lead up to local elections next May.
The article can be found here.
This course is designed for parish and town councillors and clerks from councils that are interested in maximising the opportunities presented by the 3 year moratorium on "capping".
Many councils are not considering the opportunity for medium term planning...
The world of parish and town councils is ever changing, with councillors and clerks regularly being faced with new challenges and opportunities both at a national and local level. GDPR and the recent changes to the external audit process are but two recent...
The latest NALC funding and grants bulletin for member councils can be found below.
Arnold-Baker on Local Council Administration (now edited by Paul Claydon) is a complete statement of the law relating to parish and community councils, in the form of an extensive though succinct narrative accompanied by comprehensive statutory materials....
With the Plunkett Foundation opening their Rural Community Ownership Awards, the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) is encouraging local (town and parish) councils to put forward rural community businesses who have had a positive impact in their...