BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Jade MayJean: Life after The Voice
- Bury St Edmunds home fix wins 'surprising' Instagram following
- Revenge porn laws 'not working', says victims group
- Essex family completes FA Cup journey with final tickets
- Brexit: Withdrawal Agreement Bill 'should include public vote'
- Prince William opens up about mental health pressures
- World War Two veteran returns to Italy 75 years on
- The 'Brown Babies' who were left behind
- Source of east coast dog death poison still a mystery
- East Anglian Air Ambulance on Cambodian bar advert
BBC Somerset News Feed
- W Series: Jamie Chadwick second in Belgium but retains series lead
- County Championship: Rain ruins final day as Somerset and Surrey share draw
- Yeovil Town Ladies: Championship licence denied and club to go down two tiers
- John 'Goldfinger' Palmer: Trial could 'change loyalties'
- Ex-teacher at Taunton School cleared of indecent assault charges
BBC Oxford News Feed
- RAF Brize Norton Hercules captured in mid-air photoshoot
- Oxfordshire's Big Picture
- Five things from Oxfordshire
- Maja O'Brien: Body in stream identified as missing flautist
- UK knife crime: The first 100 fatal stabbings of 2019
- Florence Waters: Journalist died on 'vision quest' meditation
- Prince Harry accepts damages over Splash News Agency photos
- 2019 European elections: How many new MEPs might you get?
- Singing makes Sam with Down's syndrome 'feel more alive'
- Pregnant at Oxford University: Juggling motherhood with studying
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
BBC London News Feed
- Duchess of Cambridge posts 'sneak peek' of Chelsea show garden
- Cray Valley lose to Chertsey in Vase final
- British Podcast Awards: George The Poet and Brexitcast win
- Commuters braced as railway timetables change
- How National Gallery's art was hidden from Hitler in WW2
- Tottenham angry over 'lenient' £17,500 Uefa fine for Barcelona
- London protest held in support of British NI veterans
- Tyler, The Creator: 'Rowdy' crowd stops rapper's Peckham gig
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park walkway named after Tessa Jowell
- Rallies held for British soldiers facing NI charges
Time is running out to book your place at our first AGM on Saturday 15th June 2019 at the Leicestershire County Council offices. Registration is from 10am for a 10.30am start, and key features of the event include:
- Charlotte Eisenhart, Head of member Services...
For some reason there is a common belief that exists among some parish councils that if all the councillors resign en masse or there are insufficient councillors to make a quorum folowing an election that somehow the council ceases to exist.
This is simply...
The Government has announced a new funding stream to support the diversity of and therefore retention of rural pubs. Rural pubs across England could be expanded to include Post Office facilities, grocery shops and libraries thanks to £188,000 of government...
The Local Government Resource Center has agreed a partnership with NALC to stage the Local Council EXPO again this year, what they hope will be the largest single gathering for our sector.
Normally national sector events attract between 150 to 300 participants....
In advance of the forthcoming local elections, NALC has updated and republished Legal Topic Note L01-19 on the code of recommended practice on local authority publicity which provides guidance on the pre-election (purdah) period. You can find this in the member's...
We have received confirmation that the recording of PKF Littlejohn's training update for 2018/19 is now available on their website here and via YouTube. The slides, including speaker notes, are also available on the website.
PKF Littlejohn has confirmed that...
Unfortunately, due to staff illness, the Councillor training planned for today (20th March 2019) is cancelled. The LRALC office is contacting booked delegates to inform them of the cancellation.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
A reminder that all parish and town councils have "re-enrolment" duties which must be carried out three years after the council's automatic enrolment staging date. The council's duties will vary depending on whether or not the council has staff to re-enrol....
NALC's response to the 2019-20 Local Government Finance Settlement Technical Consultation can be seen below. This covers the ongoing moratorium on "capping" for local councils, and reform of localisation of business rates to provide a share for local councils....
LRALC wish to draw your attention to a letter from Rishi Sunak to local authorities regarding publication of councillors' and candidates' home addresses.
In the letter he confirms that he is taking forward a recommendation from the Committee on Standards in...
A reminder that the minimum contributions payable into automatic enrolment workplace pension schemes will increase from 6 April 2019. This applies to all employers with staff in a pension scheme for automatic enrolment.
It is the council's responsibility to...
We have received confirmation from PKF Littlejohn that they will not be able to provide any training sessions at county level this spring due to the extent of the geographical area that they now cover.
They will be hosting a webinar similar to last year which...
Further to the two Elections Workshops that we held on 31st January 2019 we have complied a list of the most frequently asked questions and answers which can be found here. These cover a variety of topics including purdah, candidate nominations, annual meetings...
Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Clerks 3 training planned for today (28th February 2019) is cancelled. The LRALC office is contacting booked delegates to inform them of the cancellation.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
LCR is a high-quality, glossy quarterly magazine published by NALC with in-depth articles and features offering you advice and good practice, along with regular spotlights on parish and town councils and top tips information to help assist you with the real...
Full Time & Permanent. £24,000 (Depending on Experience) + Attractive Pension and Annual Leave Package
Mountsorrel Memorial Centre (MMC) is a vital, local arts, events and community space: a new and unique space for original and popular arts and live...
This case from 2018 flags up the importance of local councils having in place a proper regime of inspections and upkeep of trees that the council may be responsible for.
LRALC is looking to provide a level 1 tree inspection training courses for council staff,...
Member councils undertaking similar work may be interested and inspired to see that Market Bosworth has produced a document which has been nominated for a Royal Town Planning Institute Award and is a finalist at the upcoming awards ceremony.
This is very exciting...
The Local Government Association have previously published a very useful set of FAQs on "purdah", the pre-election preriod, click here to access the FAQs.
The full range of LGA purdah advice can be accessed here.
This confirms, amongst other things that:
There was some concern over snow forecast for today but the forecast is now clear and both AM and PM courses will be running.