BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- 'Lessons to be learnt' over older Stoke High School pupil
- Paul Lambert: Ipswich Town boss accepts FA misconduct charge
- Author's legacy boosts Ipswich Hospital children's ward
- Ipswich Town v Stoke City
- Joe Pooley: Woman bailed over Ipswich river death
- Man, 79, dies after falling into silo at Thorndon farm
- Goose gets Valentine's Day card in Suffolk village
- Harpist Danielle Perrett denied appeal over conviction
- RAF Lakenheath: USAF nurses work in NHS hospitals
- Jeremy Sutch inquest: Jury finds ship crush death accidental
BBC Somerset News Feed
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Oxford United v Peterborough United
- Schoolchildren across England 'on strike' over climate
- Oxfordshire's Big Picture
- Five things from Oxfordshire
- New signs to stop wrong-way M40 drivers
- Thames Valley Police PC 'abused position for sex'
- Spina bifida: Keeping fit when you are in a wheelchair
- Somerville College looks into kosher meat ban
- The body-positive campaigner made to diet at seven
- Bin collections: 1.8 million missed complaints in UK
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
BBC London News Feed
- Coach fire closed part of M25 near Heathrow Airport
- Dagenham & Redbridge v Gateshead
- Leyton Orient v Maidenhead United
- Solihull Moors v Barnet
- Charlton Athletic v Blackpool
- Ryan Mason calls for more work on football head injuries
- Shamima Begum: Family of pregnant IS teen plead for return
- Windrush row mum told she can stay in UK after Home Office apology
- Women's FA Cup: Chelsea's Carly Telford on 'feisty, full-blooded derby' v Arsenal
- James Ellington says he will compete at Tokyo 2020 after motorbike crash
This case from 2018 flags up the importance of local councils having in place a proper regime of inspections and upkeep of trees that the council may be responsible for.
LRALC is looking to provide a level 1 tree inspection training courses for council staff,...
Member councils undertaking similar work may be interested and inspired to see that Market Bosworth has produced a document which has been nominated for a Royal Town Planning Institute Award and is a finalist at the upcoming awards ceremony.
This is very exciting...
The Local Government Association have previously published a very useful set of FAQs on "purdah", the pre-election preriod, click here to access the FAQs.
The full range of LGA purdah advice can be accessed here.
This confirms, amongst other things that:
There was some concern over snow forecast for today but the forecast is now clear and both AM and PM courses will be running.
Since 2012 Leicestershire and Rutland Association of Local Councils have run a biennial Development and Member Support Questionnaire. The survey was last run in 2016. Our Strategic Plan commits us to re-running it every two years.
As a membership association...
The Committee on Standards in Public Life report on ethical standards in local government is being published today, and should be available on their website from 10.00.
A number of NALC colleagues will be at the report launch in Parliament. The Committee have...
Leicestershire and Rutland Association of Local Councils secures £2,900 to design and deliver a series of webinars to Harborough parishes
LRALC is very pleased to be able to announce that our bid for funding from Harborough District Council has been succesful. We can now deliver webased learning materials/webinars on specific topics in manageable bite sized chuncks.
HDC have said "A diverse range...
Points of Light is a collection of case studies highlighting the work that local (parish and town) councils are undertaking to support their communities. Well done to Anstey, Syston, and Uppingham councils for their excellent work being highlighted in the...
The Plunkett Foundation and NALC delivered a webinar on the theme of rural community business and how local councils in the East Midlands can support and promote rural community businesses moving forward.
We are sure that this will be of interest to a number...
The Electoral Commission's guidance for the timetable of key formal dates for the 2nd May 2019 elections can be found by clicking on the link below.
This morning Jake Atkinson (Chief Executive of LRALC) and Justin Griggs (Head of Policy for NALC) gave evidence at the Leicestershire County Council (LCC) scrutiny panel which was convened to discuss the current LCC unitary council proposal.
LRALC and NALC...
Cllr Melissa Boyden of Asfordby Parish Council was the deserved winner of the NALC Young Councillor of the Year Award at the NALC Conference this week.
This continues a strong record of the Leicestershire and Rutland area being represented in shortlisted and...
The leaders of Blaby, Charnwood, Harborough, Hinckley and Bosworth, Melton, North West Leicestershire, and Oadby and Wigston councils issued a joint statement on 29th October 2018.
It said: "We would like to thank the Leicestershire MPs for their joint letter...