BBC Suffolk News Feeds
- Search for missing swimmer near Lowestoft called off
- Leeds United v Ipswich Town
- West Suffolk and East Suffolk council boundaries revealed
- Russian mountain death caused by high altitude, coroner rules
- Teacher James Brooke died in skydiving accident
- Swimmer missing off east coast near Lowestoft
- Cyclist dies in crash with lorry in Sudbury
- Aldeburgh couple John and Connie Hewitson 'fell down stairs'
- Dan Poulter: Constituents on MP's job as doctor
- Ipswich Town v Queens Park Rangers
BBC Somerset News Feed
BBC Oxford News Feed
- Charlton Athletic 1-1 Oxford United
- FA Cup first round draw: Non-league Hampton & Richmond Borough face Oldham
- M40 death crash: Pair who towed caravan into oncoming traffic named
- Albanian cocaine-dealing gang leader gets 25 years
- Pearson Teaching Awards reveals 2018 winners
- We have FOMOMG - do you?
- 'I carry my heart in a rucksack'
- Bristol Rovers v Oxford United
- Council finds 126 needles in Oxford churchyard
- Oxfordshire's Big Picture
BBC Birmingham News Feeds
BBC London News Feed
- Dulwich Hamlet to return to Champion Hill in four to six weeks
- Met detective says St Pancras toilet cleaner 'used culture as weapon'
- Champions League: PSV Eindhoven v Tottenham - Dele Alli out injured
- Pret sandwich death: Parents optimistic over 'Natasha's law'
- Bristol Rovers v AFC Wimbledon
- Charlton Athletic v Oxford United
- Preston North End v Brentford
- London Uber drivers to charge electric car fee
- Thousands of Met Police officers 'want spit hoods'
- Caroline Dubois: Youth Olympic champion a star to cherish say Costello & Bunce
NALC Legal has produced a briefing on the Ledbury judgment (https://www.nalc.gov.uk/library/members-library/briefings/legal-proceedings-1/2708-l08-18-judicial-review-claim-brought-against-ledbury-town-council-june-2018/file
NALC are in discussion with the SLCC...
The links page on this website has been updated to remove dead links and add new information. See here.
The LSE have published a very interesting op ed piece about parish councils, democracy, and engagement. It makes very interesting reading in the lead up to local elections next May.
The article can be found here.
This course is designed for parish and town councillors and clerks from councils that are interested in maximising the opportunities presented by the 3 year moratorium on "capping".
Many councils are not considering the opportunity for medium term planning...
The world of parish and town councils is ever changing, with councillors and clerks regularly being faced with new challenges and opportunities both at a national and local level. GDPR and the recent changes to the external audit process are but two recent...
The latest NALC funding and grants bulletin for member councils can be found below.
Arnold-Baker on Local Council Administration (now edited by Paul Claydon) is a complete statement of the law relating to parish and community councils, in the form of an extensive though succinct narrative accompanied by comprehensive statutory materials....
With the Plunkett Foundation opening their Rural Community Ownership Awards, the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) is encouraging local (town and parish) councils to put forward rural community businesses who have had a positive impact in their...
Following this year's annual Parishes Liaison event, LCC has asked us to distribute a letter from Cllr Ould and Cllr Richardson. Please see below for the letter.
Hot on the heels of the final non-member council in Leicestershire rejoining LRALC in April we are pleased to announce that the last non-member in Rutland, Little Casterton Parish Council, resolved to rejoin on Monday 13th August 2018.
This means that LRALC...
The National Association of Local Councils (NALC) welcomes calls for local government reorganisation from Nicholas Rushton, leader of Leicestershire County Council who declared that the time had come to explore having new councils.
Responding to this announcement...
LRALC is sad to hear the sad news of the death of Steve Lugg, on Friday 20 July 2018, at the age of 54.
Steve Lugg will be known to many of you as the friendly and knowledgeable Minute Taking and External Funding trainer who was always accompanied by his dog...